Helios and Matheson Analytics has acquired movie subscription technology company MoviePass as part of its continued expansion into industries with opportunities for big data and artificial intelligence innovations.
Christie is the exclusive projection partner of Big Cine Expo 2017, which is taking place at the Chennai Trade Centre in Chennai, India August 8-9.
Grand Cinemas, the leading cinema chain in Lebanon, Jordan and Kuwait, is installing Volfoni 3D systems for its roll out of more than 40 screens. Volfoni’s 3D cinema technology will be deployed in a new multiplex to be opened this month in ABC Mall in Verdun, Lebanon. In line with its strategy of expanding vertically and horizontally in the region, Grand Cinemas counts today over 81 screens, with additional new screens currently under development.
Screenvision Media has announced that it is now working with Strata, makers of advertising buying and selling software. The integration allows buyers to view movie theater ad opportunities offered by Screenvision Media as local spot buys in Strata's systems.
Cinépolis USA is opening a premium large format theatre in Kimco Realty’s Kentlands Market Square in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas-Gaithersburg, anticipated to open in 2019, marks Cinépolis USA’s debut into Maryland and adds to the brand’s existing list of 16 movie houses in the U.S., six of which are Luxury Cinemas. The approximately 34,000-square-foot movie theater will hold 540 seats.
Wonder Woman's audience evolved in a similar manner as most blockbusters but with some trends notably magnified, according to an audience evolution report released by Movio. While the female and fifty and older segments of the audience generally grow over the course of a blockbuster’s run, Wonder Woman’s female audience nearly reached parity with the male audience by the third week.
Morgan Stanley analyst Benjamin Swinburne issued a report this week in which he argues that the big studios should get serious about premium on-demand video and suggests that Hollywood release feature films to the home while they’re still showing in movie theatres.
Ymagis Group has announced the completion of the agreement to form its new exhibitor services company, CinemaNext North America, with Dallas-based CinTech. In accordance with the agreement signed in May, Ymagis Group holds a 75 percent stake in the company; CinTech the remaining 25 percent.
Entertainment payroll company Indiepay officially unveiled its rebrand today as GreenSlate with the launch of enhanced entertainment payroll and accounting software. Now, GreenSlate users have all-digital employee start-work capabilities, digital/mobile timecards, online purchase order management, and prepaid cards to replace petty cash.
Ymagis Group has reported its consolidated financial results for the first quarter of 2017, ending March 31. In a market where replacement sales have not yet significantly taken off and after a first quarter generally unrepresentative of annual business, revenue for Ymagis Group was down by 2.9 percent at €41.5 million over the first three months of 2017, mainly due to the effect of a scheduled reduction in VPF business and a temporary fall in equipment sales.